Try WebApp NOW on our demo server!
Download your own copy of WebApp and start evaluating!
WebApp and its plug-ins are the communication platform of the future. User-friendly groupware is available via the browser and expanded with chat, presence, web meetings and other features.
Download high resolution screenshots below
Zarafa is a collaboration platform that offers integration with existing mail clients and mobile devices. It also offers its own web-based client. The introduction of WebApp is a milestone for Zarafa because the browser-based collaboration client goes beyond Outlook. This next-generation client includes multi-user weekly calendaring and advanced delegation via the browser.
Check out the new features in WebApp 1.3 here.
- Enterprise features integrated in a web client
An intuitive "look & feel" with delegation options that set WebApp apart from other web-enabled clients. Work via the browser anytime and from anywhere in the world.
- Better and faster collaboration due to transparent interface
Organizations benefit from user-friendliness and smart integration. This enables users to collaborate and communicate with only one application.
- Lower TCO
Working from the browser reduces maintenance costs immediately. The total number of support tickets will drop due to easier IT administration.
- Facilitate effective communication
Users can convert email threads to their preferred communication channel depending on time, priority and personal preferences. This will increase the number of interactions and empower knowledge sharing.
- Shared folders and calendar overlay support
The calendar provides multi-user weekly calendaring and advanced delegation. Secretaries and management benefit from delegation and sharing options that set WebApp apart from other web-enabled clients.
- Fast user interface and loading time
Thanks to smart caching and HTML5, the experience is akin to a fat client. The heavier processing of index results and searches is done by the backend.
- Efficient user context actions
WebApp’s interface is designed with 'frequently used features' that are instantly available and located exactly where the user expects them to be.
- Plug-ins like chat and web meetings
WebApp and its plug-ins deliver smooth integration with other communication applications. Plug-ins vary from chat and web meetings to social media expansions like Facebook and Google+.
What's new in WebApp 1.3
This latest release of WebApp focuses on ease of use. Several new additions to Zarafa’s enterprise web client push efficiency. And the overall interaction between WebApp and the desktop is extended and enables users to use WebApp next to traditional desktop applications such as Windows Explorer.
- Drag & drop of attachments: select one or multiple files on your computer and bring them into the draft of your email.
- Advanced calendar overview: use color labels to quickly identify the type of appointment and find out more details about an appointment by hovering your mouse cursor over a meeting.
- Handling of connection loss: previously, when the internet connection was lost, users had to use the logout button to leave WebApp and authenticate again. In WebApp 1.3 people receive a reconnection message
- Introduction of setting screen for first time users: users that will login into Zarafa WebApp for the first time will be redirected to a settings screen where they are able to adjust settings such as language.
- Search in address book expanded: In the Global Address Book it is now possible to search in more fields such as department and phone numbers.
Experience WebApp now!
Collaboration plug-ins catalysed by open innovation
The computer might evolve into nothing more than a terminal to your online applications and operating system.
WebApp is an expansion platform for plug-ins. The underlying WebApp platform enables developers to develop plug-ins after only one hour of web training. Therefore, organizations that use WebApp will benefit from a rapid feature sequence from user-driven innovations. Open Source in combination with Zarafa's inclusion in many distributions empowers the WebApp platform to be one of the leading collaboration platforms in the world. Users already benefit from Facebook and Google+ plug-ins and an attachment preview option developed via open innovation.
WebApp 1.3 requirements
- Zarafa version: From ZCP 7.0.12 or 7.1.0 and higher.
Feel free to contact our sales department for additional information.